Monday, May 17, 2010

Calvario

HI everyone!
Greetings from Copacabana! I have been having a very good time here in Copa. They people have been treating me great! Here are some pictures of Copa!


This is a picture of one the typical boats that the inca used on the beach of Copa.

Here is one of my sworn protectors/ little brothers, Elvis. He is 18 and just left Copa today to go to college in La Paz. He will be missed.


Here is Elvis's Mom, Eli. She is so sweet and I spend a lot of time with her. She is great as a friend and as an informant. She also likes to be my mother by telling me that I need to put on my coat and sunscreen. It is nice to know that I am taken care of.



Here is the view of Copacabana from the hill Calvario.Isn't it pretty?




This is when we were climbing down on the other side of Calvario so that we could go swimming. We had to scale down a bunch of terraces.


Here are Elvis and I taking it easy in the sun after taking dip in Lake Titicaca.



I Love being in the sun!


Here I am eating this amazing potato dish that Eli makes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful village! What an adventure! Am I wrong to point out that the woman in those pictures looks very stern? I am sure she is sweet as can be, but I am trembling in my boots looking at her expression! Ha! If I were you, I would wear sunscreen! How's your spanish? Just like old times? Love you!

Priscilla said...

I love seeing pictures of you and Copa. I can tell you are above the tree line. It is so high. 2 more months and we will get to see you. Yeah!