Sunday, April 11, 2010

25 is going to be good.






25 here I come!
So here I am in my mid-twenties. That's right, I just hit the big TWO-FIVE! Age is such a surreal thing. I know I am not old yet but I already don't feel like I am in my mid-twenties. I feel like on the inside I will always be 22. I always imagined that by 25 my life would be set. I would be married, maybe have a kid and be living in a permanent house. Ha ha... how naive I was. However, I must admit, I am so glad things have not turned out that way. The life I am living is so full of happy memories, growing experiences and amazing people. It is fitting for me that I am about to close a pretty big chapter in my life. I am graduating! (don't judge.. I took two years off for volunteer work in China and missionary work in Argentina). Graduation not only means that I now loose all of my student discounts, it also means that its time for me to pack my life up and leave my beloved Provo. The last couple of weeks have been a roller-coaster of nostalgia, anxiety, excitement and apathy. It is time to move on. However, there is so much I love about this place. So much that I am going to miss.
Luckily my immediate future is full of adventure and it is doing a pretty good job at distracting me. According to my countdown calendar widget on my desk top, I have 19 days, 14 hours and 42 minutes until I leave to BOLIVIA! I will be doing my capstone research for three months on the Copacabana peninsula of Lake Titicaca! I must admit I am FREAKING out! I will meet my professor for a few weeks so that he can introduce me to a few people and then he has to return to Utah. So for the majority of my time I will be on my own. I will be posting a lot about my trip on this blog. I look forward to going to Macchu Picchu on my way home! After Bolivia I get to go to ITALY for 10 days with the fam! I am very excited for that! After my travel filled summer I will be moving to Washington D.C. to become a grown up. The more I think about it, the more excited I get. D.C. really is the city for me. I can already tell that we are going to get along great. Our personalities are very compatible.

3 comments:

Brad said...

I know I have only seen you once or twice in the past few years, but I hope you know I will miss you when you head to D.C.

Unknown said...

I think DC and you get along pretty well, too! And I love that once you arrive...you will be a grown up...ha! I don't know when that ever happens, but Chris and I feel like we will finally be "grown ups" in DC, too. Yea for keeping us posted on the blog for Bolivia!

Unknown said...

Rachellllllllllllllll I want to hang out when we are both in DC. Anyway, I was reading this post and seriously felt like I was reading my own thoughts! It's so good to know I'm not the only one who is in her "mid-twenties" and loving life (though it's a bit different than she may have planned!). You're awesome.